View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
3UR0TR45H
n00b

whitey - '94 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 38.68 mpg (US)
New to it all! '94 Civic LX

Hi all,

I was introduced to hypermiling a few years ago by a friend with an eco-modded Civic. I've been big into the euro turbo scene with multiple turbo Audi 5-cyls and Saab turbos. Now I'm finally switching gears (pun intended) to eco modding. I just bought my '94 civic LX sedan to get started. It has 217k miles and is extremely clean. Right now, I'm in the process of getting everything back to square one. The only thing left to do is replace the rusted out exhaust. Anyone have any suggestions on that.

Also, I found the EPA mileage to be 29/36 on edmunds.com. I tried fueleconomy.gov but they don't delineate the different trim levels for this car so I didn't know what numbers to pick. Does that sound right?

My goals for this car and this whole quest are to see how efficient I can get. I'm not doing it because I need to save money or because of a political or environmental cause, but because it's a new challenge. I've had cars with over 400hp and tried my hand at autocross. This will be something totally different.

Any suggestions for first mods? I'm thinking of installing a vacuum gauge as this car is OBD1. Anything else to do first off?