View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
minispeed
EcoModding Apprentice

minispeed-Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 82.15 mpg (US)

MDX - '01 Acura MDX Touring
90 day: 22.29 mpg (US)

the wife's car - '13 Toyota Prius Plus
90 day: 45.99 mpg (US)

leaf-one - '15 Nissan Leaf SV
New Dodge Charger, 3.6L 5spd

Had a new dodge charger out at work today, did a quick hypermiling trip of about 30km city, minimal time at stop lights since I timed almost all of them with a neutral coast down. It's rated at 18mpg (13.1L/100km) city, 21(11.2)combined and 27(8.7)hwy. I used pulse and glide, driving without brakes, timing lights and the manual shift button. I got 28(8.2), 55% over the EPA. I was pretty impressed with that, I test most of the newer vehicles that have an on board computer and usually get about 33% better.

This was with all stock tire pressures, heavier steel wheels, no grill block and aero killing add on's up top too. For a hwy stint the charger was showing 5L/100 at 100km/hr even with the aero disadvantage.

The set up was really nice with the steering mounted shifter having the manual shift buttons and being very comfortable to rest the hand on while driving. It was unfortunate that after every N to D shift I had to re push the manual mode button. Some other manual buttons will simply engage after 2 presses of the button. The car also felt like it auto shifted down a little early.

I'll never have the ability to do a tank to tank fill driving like this so factor in an optomistic computer of 5% or so.