View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
My step daughter was backing out of a parking spot where she lived. The road behind the parking spot was 50 feet wide, from the back of the parked cars to the curb on the other side. She had to back out blind because of a pickup truck with a cap. She was driving a 1993 Nissan Sentra.

A woman, with no insurance, driving a Stanza, hit her Sentra. The woman hit her car 7 feet from the back of the truck, with 43 feet of road to her right. She had 5 of her relatives kids in the Stanza. My daughters Sentra was totalled, there was an imprint of her face where it hit the drivers window hard enough to bend the window frame out on her drivers door (2 door).

Since she had uninsured motorists coverage, her insurance company settled for $9300 and she kept the car. I took a week off from work and cut the rear end off the damaged Sentra, bought a rear clip for $1200 and welded it on her car. She pocketed $8100. That same week she won a bathing suit contest at Hooters where she worked and won another $2000. She drove the car another 100k miles, then sold it for what I paid for the rear clip. That $8100 (tax free) paid for her to have comprehensive insurance on her car until the age of 105.

20 years ago.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 12-16-2013 at 10:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
IamIan (12-17-2013)