View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
homeworkhome53
EcoModding Apprentice

Workride - '07 Chevrolet Aveo5 SVE
90 day: 51.74 mpg (US)
I don't drive freeways, but the quickest and least amount of work mod you can make is slowing down. My 26 mile one way commute now takes 7 minutes longer but the pay back is substancial. A scangauge would also be a good investment, though the element may already have this feature. I use the scangauge to tell me where the economy is then follow it's direction. In February when I bought this car new my mpg was 32.5. The last 6 tanks have all been over 48 mpg. Listen to the mpg leaders here and follow the threads and your mileage will improve and it will be worthwhile. In fact I will say the greatest improvement mod I've made has been following ecomodder.com daily and the awareness that it instills in my daily drive. Nothing can be fixed or improved if you are not aware that there is a problem. Here I've found that there is a problem, many really, but the biggest one was the attitude of the driver, in my case. Good luck, Big mcgow, enjoy the experience. I've found it fun and satifying, First place I go when I get home from work.
homeworkhome53