View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
gregsfc
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xntrx View Post
TTU there in Cookeville offers the classes every once in awhile. Go Purple and Gold! That's where I went to grad school, so I still get the newsletters if you want me to inform you of the next session. I'm not too far off if you need help also, but my bike is not an mpg machine. I've been thinking of putting on a local mpg event, but with my time constraints, it'll not as organized as I would like.
Yeah. The Golden Eagles's campus would have been a much easier location for me to attend. I live about fourteen miles away; just across the Putnam Co. line in Rickman (Overton County), but the experienced courses are put on only in the Boro and in Music City, so I chose the lesser of the two traffic evils.

Good class and was exactly what I needed, even though I was exhausted after the three hour round trip + the three hours of riding during the course. I've been riding for nearly two years now, and have been simply just kind of commuting back and forth in my uneventful, rural commute and not improving my skills much at all. I'm now much better at turning around at slow speeds in a much smaller radius and can now stop on a dime. I still need more practice swerving to avoid an obstacle, but I now know how to set up my own mock course and what techniques to use to improve my skills for those times when the unexpected happens.