View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mc View Post
The xfe wasn't its own trim level, at least for 09 and 10, you could get a base, ls, or lt with xfe
Yes but what is the difference between a base LT XFE and a base XFE car?

I can tell you that the interior is identical

The seats are identical

The wheels are identical (there is an option on the LT)

Both could come in 2 door and 4 door (though GM tended to not produce 2 door LTs and tended not to make 4 door xfes, that said you could order however you want)

The LT had a few extra exterior colors

The base LT had cruise control standard, Base XFE (and LS) was optional

Spare was optional on both (but almost ways included except on cobalts with no lables and no XFE)

Spoiler was optional on both (but from the factory the XFE tended to have it and the LT and unlabled cobalts did not)

So for an additional fee you could get
1. Cruise control standard instead of optional
2. 4 doors on the lot instead of having to order it special
3. A blue color instead of the 3 or 4 XFE colors also offered on the LT
4. The ability to buy other options not offered on the XFE but also not standard on the LT.

Add to this the 5mt cars that weren't labled XFE almost always were generic white 4 door cars with no options, I even found one without AC

The ones labled XFE off the lot almost always were 2 door with a spoiler, onstar, spare tire, AC

Likely not worth it, odd how their upsell system worked back then.

Almost everything was the same between the Cobalt models on cars you could actually buy off the lot, the only one that really was different was the SS which isn't worth mentioning for fuel economy.

So whether GM stated that the unlabled base cobalt and XFE labled cobalt were not packages the XFE always came with some sort of "Standard options package" whereas the Cobalt with no badges tended to come with nothing. I know because I looked all over for manual transmission cars and unless someone had ordered it special you basically never saw a true base cobalt, XFEs always had the spare and spoiler and LTs were very very rare to have a MT.

Cheers
Ryan
The Following User Says Thank You to rmay635703 For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (05-28-2014)