View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
if it has gone this long, another week won't be the difference between an immediate demise and a million mile life.... but $20 and 30 minutes every 5,000-7,500 miles(i'm guessing what a normal interval for your car might be, follow your manual/community knowledge) is a drop in the bucket compared to the time and money spent swapping an engine only to potentially do it again if a swapped engine led a neglected life as well.

new oil helps, but an ancient filter doesn't. if i had something that leaked/burned more than a quart every 1,000 miles, i don't think i would change the oil often, but the filter would certainly be getting attention.
Yea, I'm not driving it right now due to the fact I don't want to drive it on the old oil and spark plugs. I just noticed the lugging when I took it to the mechanic to get the oil leak looked at, and then last night around town to check out the L/B with UG. Tbh it rarely ever does it, but it does do it once in a while.

[Edit]: While we are on the subject of spark plugs and wires, what would you guys recommend for best economy? I was told Iridium spark plugs and NGK wires are the best bet for that sort of thing, but I would like some more input.

Last edited by Baltothewolf; 07-03-2014 at 03:27 PM..