View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
accord_minded
Is this thing on?

The Wilbert - '04 Honda Accord EX
Team Honda
90 day: 37.54 mpg (US)
Now in love with an old Accord

Hi All-- Have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks after my brother turned me on to the term 'hypermiling'. I have turned what used to be a weekend-home 72-mile (each way) commute (twice a month or so) into a pretty much daily commute.

Because of ecomodder.com and all the other great information I've seen so far, I realize that:
a) my 72-mile commute is actually extremely good for hypermiling and aeromods. It is mostly lightly-trafficed highway with a few lights at the beginning and end; has long, relatively low hills that will be ideal for improving performance if I can reduce drag.
b) The 2004 Honda Accord I bought six months ago is ideal for aero-modding. It's old enough that I won't be too concerned about aesthetics, but new enough that it is still solid and has a lot of miles left in it.
c) After immediately going out to buy a scangauge, I now know that my stock fuel gauge is telling me to buy gas when it still has 5 GALLONS left in the tank!
d) My first full tank that I'm using for baseline numbers is taking FOREVER and I want to get started testing new techniques and mods.