View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
micahalcorn
EcoModding Lurker

Considering a VX project

Hey all, I've been lurking for a few years and I'm finally getting serious about jumping back into my project.

In the early 2000s I bought a 1992 Civic SI hatch with plans to make it look nice and go fast. I have since grown up a bit and realized that an eco project might be more fun (and responsible). My SI has been sitting in my garage for over a decade with a completely custom (very tasteful) exterior, and no drivetrain.

I am thinking about buying a D15Z1 (VX) motor and building an eco project with my SI shell. I have already dumped more money into this car than I will ever recover, and I'm wondering if this scheme is even more of a financial mistake. I realize that intact VXs are rare and relatively valuable, but I'm wondering if there might be any market for a project like mine when I am done. I'm not trying to make money with it, but I am just curious to know if there are buyers for that sort of thing at all. Or will I be relegated to selling it to some kid who is just going to dump the Z1 for a B-series motor when I am done.

Thanks for the insights!