View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 02:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
VeryUnoriginal
EcoModding Lurker

Newb with a '99 Saturn SL1

Hey guys!

I'm very new to the good gas mileage thing (this Saturn is the first car I've ever had that's averaged over 22mpg) and a friend sent me some links to threads on this forum and I've been very intrigued by all of the hard work and modding some people do here to get as good of gas mileage that I've seen on here. I've even started using some of the tricks that I've learned on this forum to further improve the awesome gas mileage that I'm getting (37.2mpg so far) like EOC, more tire pressure, windows up, A/C off, etc. I have just replaced the O2 sensors, and have a few more things to do to try and get the absolute best MPG I can get while the car is completely stock before I start modding.

I have to say, it's really strange for me to look at mods to get better fuel efficiency. I'm used to looking up ways to make my Corvette faster, handle and stop better, and be more fun to drive but usually all of that just drastically drops my mileage. I've noticed that I've been having a lot of fun trying to squeeze every bit of efficiency out of this little car.

Also, here's some info about the car in case some of you are wondering;
1999 Saturn SL1
5-speed SOC 1.9 I4
manual everything
only options are A/C and the radio (pretty sure you couldn't get the car without these though, not sure, but just my best guess haha)