Thread: Hello all
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
leanAztek
EcoModding Lurker

FEcamp - '16 Subaru Outback Premium
90 day: 29.55 mpg (US)
Hello all

Hi. Trying my best with a 2008 Dodge Magnum SXT RWD (3.5L V6). I did some hypermiling before with an AWD Aztek on the cleanmpg.com site but fell out of it over the last year.

I have a DiabloSport inTune to improve it's efficiency. I installed the 93 oct tune due to minimum required octane is 89 and Costco's 93 is cheaper than getting 89 elsewhere. I dropped the idle rpm 50 rpms. I will see how it runs that way and may try lower. Also reduced the throttle back 15%. The 93 oct (Diablo) tune really cranks up the throttle response. It was fun to drive but hard to take it easy on gas. I will be asking for parameters to watch (a new thread) to watch my mpg since there is no mpg on my model.

I have also lowered it about 1 inch with BC Racing coilovers (strut/shock replacement). I could go lower but Snow is coming here in MI. Not sure how adjusting the rebound on the BC coilovers could affect mileage. Would a firm ride be better or a soft ride?

SXT6 already has a belly pan under the engine.

Wanting to get a new intake but due to the coilovers and tuner I don't have funds for that. I have opened it up by removing the muffler from the intake and diverting cold air toward the new opening from the radiator grill opening.

Trying to do driving with load (dwl). I typically top around 60 mph on the highway so I may research a different route to/from work to stay off the highway.

I like the idea of creating some grill blocks. Seeing as it is cold now it may just have to wait. (no garage for me )

Anyway that is what I am starting with. Any technique suggestions?