View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 02:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eddie25
EcoModding Apprentice

Fiesta - '06 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ambiante
90 day: 45.9 mpg (US)

Dakar - '03 BMW f650 GS Dakar (retired)

Tucson - '07 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
90 day: 32.67 mpg (US)
Newbie 2005 Ford Fiesta 1.4

Anyone done some mods on a Ford fiesta? Im starting a new career and traveling is going to be about 150km a day (100 miles). the car isnt too bad using better driving techniques read on this page i got 5.9l/100km (40mpg) wich is better than factory numbers. but i would love to see it drop below 5l/100km or close to 50mpg. my brother happen to work in with carbon fibre composits so i can get some nice mods done.

things i want to do as follows:

-wheel spats or deflectors front and rear

-front bumper re fitment. the car was in a slight front smash and the bumper gaps are horrible. im going to refit the bumper to close the gaps.

-grill blocks. i will use immitate carbon fibre vinyl to do most of these as it is easily pliable and wil look good. i will use the numberplate to do a parshal lower grill block it gets quite hot here in sa.

-aeriel delete. will get an internal booster.

-slim wiper blades

-mirrors wont be deleted yet as my wife uses the car but i will fold one in. also will paint the covers as they are standars plastic and a smoother finish will be better.

-small rear spoilers. alot of new cars have sharper edges rather than rounded edge to seperate airflow to the rear. i havnt read up alot on this but willing to try it.

-air filter

-some small panel gaps will be covered with tape especially on the roof between the boot/hatch as alot of air is going to be flowing over it.

i will post pics as soon as i get to do them. results will follow!