Thread: Low cost BMS
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 03:24 AM   #126 (permalink)
arber333
EcoModding Lurker

LiPo cells

Hi all!
My friend and i bought each a set of LiPo cells to put in our cars. He keeps them as primary movers but i use them as range supplement in parallel with my LiFe pack.
We messed about with voltage sensing ADC and came out with reliable software for use with LiPos. Those modules now go up to 4.5V and balancing starts at 4.15V.

LiPos voltage is so tough they doesnt move unless you apply substantial load to them. They are also very nearly spaced... 4R7 5W resistors are enough for eventual balancing though. It gets hot under the hood there - 61°C!!!

I will put the code here when i pack it together. Both modules have to have constants changed a bit, but it works...

https://mazdamx3ev.wordpress.com/201...daljsan-domet/

On the other note i managed to burn one of my modules trough my skin! Yes i happen to be removing the last module on + side and i creased the - wire (i just jumped) and comms didnt want to work anymore. i removed the module and the rest were fine. This kind of thing can happen when servicing a pack. So i will try to make one module with totaly separated output lines. Those modules will reside on output side of individual boxes. I just have to make some space for opto...