Thread: I'm new!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
Smile I'm new!

Hi there all! I've been looking at ecomodder for quite some time and finally decided to join. I've got a 1985 VW Golf with a 1.6 non-turbo diesel. I consistently get over 50mpg on the highway. Or at least I think I do. The only time I measure it is when we go visit the in-laws, who live over 600 miles from here. This is the third odometer this car has had and it doesn't even work, but I only use one tank there, fill up between 10 to 11 gallons and then drive back, then between 10 to 11 gallons to fill it again. Not bad huh?! I wouldn't mind boat tailing the thing.

I love my VW diesel, but am also interested in gasoline and electric as well. I have a 1972 Beetle that I want to make a fuel mileage car. It's a project in the making. Already have a fully adjustable digital distributor. I've been thinking of maybe using an Adrino and try to program separate spark tables for each cylinder. I even have an urge to make it a hybrid! We'll see how it goes. I appreciate any suggestions.

If I ever do get a new car I'd like a Nissan Leaf.

Thanks all!

Last edited by Isaac Zackary; 04-07-2015 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Missed a small detail.