View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 12:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Thanks for the input everyone. If it was a 5 speed it would be so cool. But even up here it's getting harder to find a decent, low mile, rust free 20+ year old Honda. It's not my first choice, but the last one I found was my '87 with a 1.3L and a five speed that I can't get a carb for, that was over a year ago, and my CX was the last one before that. And I probably see 1500 cars a week between all the auctions, so that gives you an idea of how rare this stuff is getting around here. Thrashed beaters are not uncommon, but the low mile stuff you'd really want to buy seems to have dried up. Most of the cars I see may have started out as a decent eco ride, but by the time they show up now you can tell they have been passed down to the kids of the family, and then got traded in after they learned to drive on them. I guess my Honda fanboyness just doesn't want to think that an early '90s Honda wagon is only good for 25 mpg haha.