View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Why didn't you pay a mechanic?

Most of my responses so far have been like this:

Quote:
thanks for the response ,im okay with the price, im from Delaware and i can't come for the pick up but i have a private shipper who ca
n pick up the item for me.i can make your payment via a certified check ,i will send it via USPS and you get it within 24hours, when y
ou have your money i will have my shipper come for the pick up .let me know if that is okay by you
and

Quote:
Actually, I will have love to come in person for proper look and pay you cash but due to nature of my work i would not be able to come, i work as a doctor at the Fort Carson military base and i live on there so i will like you to assure me that i will not be disappointed so i will like some close up pics. Also i will like to know the millage
I understood little more than that the person claimed to be a doctor. Did the doctor scribble a note that a transcriptionist could not read?

That is why I do not like long-distance numbers.

One lady contacted me through USAA and another through Craigslist. They seemed okay, but I have not heard back. One gentleman called (from a local number!) and asked where I had the work done. I told him that I replaced the head gasket myself. He asked if I was a mechanic and I said that I was not, but the estimates were expensive, so I did it myself.

"Thank you for the information. I will think about it and I might get back to you."

If someone asks me again, I will say something like "The car works perfectly and I would be happy to have the mechanic of your choice inspect it for you."

At least I should hopefully start my job soon.

Have any of you sold cars and had people not like that you did repairs yourself?