Thread: Low cost BMS
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 09:03 PM   #134 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by arber333 View Post
Huh i will have to reflect on that. My BMS is made as 8S that means 9 wires. If you connect modules so each 8V terminal is connected to next 0V terminal you need 4 modules for 9wire link yes? Since you have equivalent of 96cells that means you will need 12 PCB plates. That is some volts - 360VDC! Do you intend to connect them all in series? This BMS can support 255 cells in series
The original idea was to have all in series. I had a Netgain Industrial controller. Up to 450VDC in, programmable voltage out (was set to 190V) and max out at 1200 amps. Liquid cooled ... and broken! I killed it by not connecting the liquid cooling before doing my testing.

Now I'm looking at using an older Cougar (P&S) so it tops out at 144V and 500 amps. If I use 3 strings of 128V, I won't stress the batteries much. 32 cells is divisible by 8, so that works out nicely.

Quote:
You are in luck since i also need at least 3 more PCBs. I will order PCBs and when i get them i will resend them to you OK? Ill PM you for your address and price...
I'll check out the link and see what these boards look like ...

Quote:
Its just PCB copper thin enough to only carry an amp or so. No need to be precise. When module shorts it draws plenty more than an amp!
Traces .. that works!