View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
camusmuse
EcoModding Lurker

Any experiienced EV conversion "artists" or clubs in Eastern Missouri?

Been lurking for several years...had planned on converting my late father's Ford Ranger, but recently lost the truck(long sad story).

Anyway, hoping that there might be some EV conversion "clubs" or even enthusiasts around the St. Louis/Metro East area that might be willing to tolerate a FNG ("fun" new guy").

Have my eyes on a 90's Mercury Capri, but it is a convertible, so weight might be a bit much and room at premium already...but the price would be well...nothing.

Still considering a truck, but have been seeing so much success with Geo Metros that I might go that way. Of course I am on a strict budget...very strict(still looking for a DD after I "lost" my Ranger, and the clutch gave up the ghost on my dodge dually).

So I am thinking of getting a beater metro that runs for now...then converting when I can.

I am an ex electronics tech so I plan on looking at some of the DIY controllers and what not, I am not a complete noob. With working on cars or electronics....honestly if it hadnt been for bad luck I would be driving an EV right now....no doubt, but alas... life has a way of getting in the way of life.....

Of course I am always looking to improve "mileage", but having a few extra batteries for a sleeper Metro sounds kinda fun too....

Thanks in advance,

Nate