View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Arminius
Future EV Owner

Wannabe - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Charlie View Post
Ya really need to fall asleep before you start dreaming...
Yeah, I saw an update on the Volt last night and they interviewed some important people from GM who seemed cautious about saying they could make the car by 2010.

Quote:
But I hope you're right. I really, really do. Not that I'd be able to afford one, but the sooner the technology hits the market, the sooner it will trickle down to us poor folk.
Exactly my feeling. I agree with Clark Howard, who always says that he and other rich people should feel obligated to buy the first release of any green technology, because the first release is usually unbelievably expensive. A wise rich person would wait a few years, but a patriotic one would be wise to buy it right away. That way the initial production costs are absorbed quicky, and larger scale, more efficient production can get underway.

Quote:
I grew up in a Ford family, so I've also been disappointed in their apparent lack of willingness to play the game. Placing little green leaves on their SUV's just don't cut it.
If you mean you wish they would have those on the small cars (because they are hybrids), I agree.