View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #2875 (permalink)
mora
EcoModding Apprentice

Golfwagen - '89 Volkswagen Golf mk2
90 day: 107.14 mpg (US)
Hello Cooper.

Is your motor old industrial motor? It might not be up to task unless you rewind it. I can tell that rewinding old AC motors can be rewarding and it is not hard or expensive at all. You need an encoder for that motor. What could be better than telling doubting people that you've rewound your motor and even built a controller for it. You could wind it for lower voltages and use safer DC voltages, say 90-150VDC.

I'd say, from reading recent posts, that this AC controller will be as good as P&S DC controller. I've drooled after this controller since this thread got started! Now I'm starting to build mine. I've already rewound some motors and I need another controller for smaller project. No doubt it will be downscaled P&S AC controller.

I can also advise not to buy any Kelly controller at all. They might look tempting (or price tag looks tempting) but they offer you zero support after you get one, promises about performance are way off and they even lie you about what their controllers actually are meant for.