View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #2937 (permalink)
arber333
EcoModding Lurker

Hi paul

I have replaced drivers. I havent put PNP NPN transistors on yet. I wanted to try circuit without them first.
I connected EVERY emitter to common collector like you said. Unless there is more to it...
Well i put your debug code in. I started it and typed "debug 1" into console.

I measured driver output... I still get -8V on output! So drivers keep output down. Into drivers i see a steady square weave from dsPIC.
Is there a method to just run square weave output from drivers regardless of wiring? I want to know if there is other trouble there somewhere.
When powered i get cca 0.35A draw on 24Vdc. OK?

EDIT: I connected only Cn and En together and tested only Driver n, without the rest. It seems it is not good for rest of emitters to be connected to rest of capacitors at least for testing.

EDIT2: I dont get it... now i got 0.5A draw and driver U21 and transformer 1 are also hotand, but mosfet driver U24 is really hot! Well i tried weave form on mos driver and sure i get slanted weaveform of a current. Something is drawing current from transformer. Should that mean driver is shorted? I just changed drivers! I also saw one zener diode was very hot, while other not!

EDIT3: Well i found 3x 100R lower collector resistors burned. On sight they were ok, but when i took them off they fell apart. hm... I replaced them with DIP wire resistors for testing. Paul says wire resistors 100R shouldnt be a problem.
D51 is hot as hell... rest of the circuit is ok. I took driver resistor off. Amp draw is 0.35A again... D51 checks out and activate at 17V, grr... i missed that! Its supposed to be 24V diode. DOH! I have another 24V zener somewhere...
That did it! Now when i command "debug 1" i get nice square function on driver resistors. I will just add totem pole transistors and try my 450A IGBTs that i luckily didnt put first in. Until tomorrow then...

A

Last edited by arber333; 12-19-2016 at 02:55 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arber333 For This Useful Post:
kalidasbala (12-20-2016), MPaulHolmes (12-18-2016)