View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 05:54 PM   #2939 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by arber333 View Post
I ran the inverter with 40V. everything was good, so i tried to start your pi test. It was succesfull for 40V.
Sounds good. If I remember, the motor tuning values change a bit when you change voltages. But the numbers you got for 40V should work OK with higher pack voltage. running the PI test at higher voltages will get you more aggressive acceleration.

Quote:
Then i ran offset test... Well motor doesnt want to spin so should i leave it there? Motor jumps a little but it doesnt move much.
I don't remember an offset test. Is that for the encoder?

Quote:
The sound of water flowing is disconcerting. I dont have reference whether pwm is working or not. I dont have any cooling for inverter yet...
So the PWM sounds like water running? I had a couple of different sounds. A whine was the first one, then Paul put in the random frequency and it sounded more like a white noise generator. But no running water noise.

I ran the inverter with no water cooling during my tests. It will shut itself down on high temperature and on high current. I was not moving a car or anything, but I did have some load on the motor.

Quote:
Is 40Vdc good voltage or is it too small. I just took a pack from front of my car since it was the easiest thing to do. My friend with 160V car will stop by tomorrow and i can connect inverter to 160Vdc. Would that be better?
I ran a bit higher - I think around 50V (48V lead acid pack) at first. The rest of the time I was running at 128V, which is my pack voltage. I don't know if running the offset needs more voltage or not ...

Paul - what does the offset do?

Arber333 - do you have a list of what you have done, so far, written up? I will be working with the new AC controller board in the new year, connected to some older and smaller IGBTs ... I guess I should go through the thread again and see what's been happening lately!