View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 02:07 PM   #2952 (permalink)
arber333
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorulf View Post
I see there is an unused input on the dsPIC, as i understand the code it was planned for use as a regen throttle input but i was never used because the PIC cannot read both this and the neighboring temperature input, at least not if both are analog inputs.
So i am thinking, that pin could be used as a digital input for controlling reversing, a feature i really wish to have
}[/CODE]
I also need to have reverse option. I will not use transmission, only leaf gearbox. So i want to use one pin on dsPIC to signal reversing by applying +5V to it. I see a way to force software to accept encoder signals in reverse. That would be the easiest way. BUT for that to happen we have to condition some failsafes.

1. Two concious motions have to happen for reverse, hence switch with safety... just llike jettison or bombs away switch.
Pilot Chrome Anodized Safety Cover Aircraft Toggle Switch Red Indicator Light | eBay

2. Motor does not move when reverse is activated
3. Torque available is reduced to cca 1/3 (maybe would be good to set this in config)

Paul agreed to come from the dark side (talking about wig-wag boat throttle and no reverse) to the light and i think has started on this already .