View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 04:34 AM   #3083 (permalink)
arber333
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
I have a small bit of information for this:

Open collector works fine - the pull-up resistor needs to be sized to allow the voltage to rise to 4.5V before it is 'pulled down' by the open collector. That's my experience using a 24V encoder, separately powered from the inverter. My other motor has a 64 ppr encoder so 60 pulses per revolution should be OK.

I lost a wire, either A or B channel, while the motor was operating and the inverter got quite confused. It ended up stopping but the deceleration was not smooth.

If you only have one channel, the inverter will not be able to tell which direction the motor is turning. I think Paul is paying attention to that now, for the regenerative braking. But it may not be a big change to disable the direction monitoring?
Hi thingstodo

Its been a while. I got AB encoder on my motor and want to test it.
https://www.rls.si/products/rotary-m...r-tooth-sensor
Its like you said 5V - 24V powered magnetic encoder. How did you separately power it? So did you uncouple + 5v wire on encoder harness and use 24V? I can also use cars 13.8Vdc.
What kind of resistors did you use for pullup to get good signal? Do you have 1K resistors from connector to chip pins or did you remove them? How do they interact?

It seems my inverter does not want to run run-rotor-test command....

tnx

A