View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Michael Moore
EcoModding Apprentice

I've got enough left over from my conversion of stuff into money to buy good aftermarket suspension. But I've got to figure out first (as I mention on the website) the minimum full-bump position that is safe and gives the leaning ground clearance I want before I can specify a damper length on the back. The CTX owners who've spent the money on Ohlins, Penske, Race Tech, etc have been extremely positive about how much nicer their bikes are afterwards. Bad roads that used to mean slowing down by 20mph now are taken at speed and with comfort and control. But I'll have to find a good compromise between long enough suspension travel and low enough ride height.

The fairly fresh Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires get very good reviews so there's no need to do anything there. Next is making sure that things that I don't want to drag don't drag and putting quality suspension on. Then I can start looking at bodywork, riding position etc.

I would have preferred the "naked" version without the integrated fairing as a starting point for what I want to do, but this is what came along at the right time at a good/fair price.

cheers,
Michael