Thread: Hello folks!
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
toganet
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the questions, folks. I get about 19-26 miles of EV range on a full charge, with the top limit of that defined largely by ambient temperature. Since I live in Buffalo that means my range is reduced in the winter, which is half the year here

I live about 12 miles from where I work, so I can usually make it back and forth to work without burning gas if I am careful. That involves avoiding the faster highway route, and being fastidious with my braking.

Since most of my trips are within my EV range, but I still use the car for longer trips, my average mileage (as computed by the car) is around 70MPG.

On a recent road trip to Asheville, North Carolina and back I reset the MPG readout and saw a somewhat disappointing 37ish average for the trip. I should point out that I drove much faster than usual on that trip (~80) and all my around-town driving was in hybrid mode as I could find no charging stations convenient to me in Asheville.

As transportation the car has been reliable, efficient, and comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of its styling, but that's not my main concern at the moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toganet For This Useful Post:
Daox (05-23-2017), MetroMPG (06-20-2017)