View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
How much is e0 by you I can get mid grade 89 e0 for around $2.60 a gal. I think it's unreal the difference between the fuel maps in my car. Yes I'm hypermiling but 8-9 mpg difference between 87 octane and 91(or whatever the shell premium nitro is maybe 93) haven't changed route or driving techniques. Maybe trying a little harder can't really calibrate effort lol. Still doesn't make up for increased cost but better for engine I suppose. And I can get regular 91 cheaper elsewhere. If numbers stay the same maybe worth the slight cost per mile improvement. Get 15% improvement to fuel economy for 25-30% increase in cost. Runs good on 89 e0 tho so may return to that for cost effectiveness since that does pay for itself. There isn't any 87 e0 around here. Hoping to get in top 10 and stay there lol tank of gas a month basically. 13 gallons a month if I get 55 mpg and just do my work commute. Working on WAI to hopefully boost 55-60 mph numbers atm. Want to be able to hold 55 mpg there. Also looking at tweaking underbody panels adding a little bit to a few places for a bump to aero to help around 60 mph.