View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
GearHead
EcoModding Lurker

What do you guys think of this Insight? It's local to me, so I think I'll go down tomorrow and test drive it.

They want $3500 including processing fee. $3570 with temp tag. The battery was recently serviced at the dealer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Honda-I...19.m1438.l2649

I'm starting to have huge buyers remorse on my VX. I just fixed my AC for the 2nd time after I did a complete overhaul on the entire system. The expansion valve got stuck on it. Anyway, it's pathetic at how cold the air blows from the vents. At even 80 F outside, it's blowing mildly cold. I know it's an old car, but the little things are starting to frustrate me. I figured at least with a brand new AC system, the air would blow extremely cold.

After all this time of fixing things, I'm still only getting about in the 30's for MPG city. My highest MPG was 38 so far. I do have maybe an extra 100-150 lbs in the car for accessories, but that's all I get. Maybe that can account for some of the low MPG.

For the most part, I've fixed all the electrical issues in the car. Now the window switch for the passenger side is acting up. Luckily, I found another one on eBay. Now don't even get me started on the paint. On top of all this, my friends keep telling me my car is going to get stolen eventually because it's a rare clean Civic EG and that's what hot to steal

This car project is becoming a 2 year plus adventure with a lot of stress and a boat load of money. I'm literally at the point where I just want to go back to a stock simple car that gets good MPG, and doesn't have all the issues my car has. I mean seriously, I've replaced the valve cover gasket twice (once under warranty) and I'm still smelling burning oil when I use the HVAC controls. I'm really getting annoyed.

Last edited by GearHead; 06-19-2017 at 02:40 PM..