View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #7196 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfox View Post
Tnx friends for detail explenation ,
Shortly, 3x330A Vs 4x250A have approximatley same efficient and produce the same heat.
If is that so , I will try to take them. I need to see first if guy wants to sell it to me.
I'm not certain that we are good enough at reading the spec sheet to be confident. But we think so

Quote:
I was reading in description of Pauls logic board that logic has 6 isolated drivers for running IGBT-s . So if I want it for DC motor , Paul will put me firmware that runs all drivers paralel with same signal for each IGBT?
I believe he uses 3 IGBT and 3 are only used as 'diodes'. There are 6 IGBT drivers, set up as 3 pairs.

Quote:
How works the current limitation? I have read that logic shuts down when pass the limit of setting current.
The current is measured by the Hall Effect sensor and gives a signal from 0 - 5V. That is compared to a reference signal, and the IGBT drivers are turned off if the current goes too high. That is the hard-ware current limit

There is also a software current limit, where you have a setting for the motor current and the software limits the current with the width of the PWM signal. But that is not fast enough to stop damage to the IGBTs if there is a motor short circuit.

Quote:
Can I also limit motor RPM ? max rpm of warp 11 should be 4500 .
There is a software limit on the AC motor speed. The DC motor controller does not require an encoder. I am not sure - perhaps the newer firmware can limit the max speed. Again, it will not be fast enough to limit the motor speed during a motor fault but is fine for normal driving

Quote:
and max warp voltage is 160V , I will have 220V on batteries. I will need to reduce the voltage on motor output...
Reducing the voltage and controlling the current is sort of what the PWM output does. If you want to make the bus voltage 160V, so that the motor brushes never see more than that ... then IGBT (or a set of them) will be needed to drop the battery voltage to the controller. But those IGBT(s) will also need to handle full current, so it may be an expensive feature to add.

As I understand the Netgain voltage limit, they are looking to limit how much voltage is across the brushes, not the motor. But I may not understand that part as well as I think I do.

Quote:
How the throttle response ? is it smooth for gentle pushing ?
The throttle response has a couple of parameters for how long it takes to go from 0 to 100%, minimum throttle, maximum throttle, ramp rate, and gain ... that's all I can remember. I'm going to have to look for some description of how those settings change the throttle response

There are racers using the controller, so it can be very quick. The DC motor response is quite smooth with most controllers. Does anyone else want to chime in on their experience with the DC controller?