View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 01:30 AM   #3152 (permalink)
arber333
EcoModding Lurker

Inverter is good!

Hi Paul

Last week i have been reassembling my inverter in more convential configuration. That is IGBT rails with snubbers on them with large elcaps over them. I had to fight trough different versions of code until i found one that worked for me.

Yesterday i gave LEAF motor 48V from my ebike battery and i got it to run with positive control. You may remember i made a special fitting for magnet encoder. This works now. Today i will try 360Vdc and see how it goes...

Encoder is 10bit RLS RMF44IC10BA11 with differential signal push-pull. I only use ABZ lines and i leave negative lines unconnected. It works!
https://leafdriveblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/encoder/

I have a question about reverse. It is the only thing i dont have setup here. Everything depends on it. Is the procedure from post working now? Can it also reduce power in reverse? Can anyone with experience join in?
Oh i have the DIP version of inverter. I dont use third current sensor. Which pin i can appropriate for reverse then?

EDIT: There is another matter. I was discussing Emrax motor with its constructor Roman and he said his motor can be easily used with 120° 3x hall sensors that can tell controller where active pole is. Would you care to write code for that setup? I cant imagine how much work this would take but i can see the benefit. For example i was able to run Emrax with ebike 48V inverter and 3 sensors just fine. However motor is wound for 500V and so i only got 500rpm from it...

tnx

Last edited by arber333; 08-22-2017 at 08:30 AM..