View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 02:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
BLSTIC
Master EcoModder

Delivery 'Boy - '86 Suzuki Mighty Boy
90 day: 37.15 mpg (US)

SkipSwift - '13 Suzuki Swift GL
90 day: 35.44 mpg (US)
Litres per 100km is the ONLY measurement. You know how far you drive regularly, this number tells you how much fuel you will use per trip/week. The km/l or mpg is only directly usable as a range calculation. Admittedly in Australia (hi from Cairns btw) single tank range is actually a concern...

But now that I've got my trigger over and done with...

You *should* be getting much better mileage than that. My Suzuki Mighty Boy got 6l/100km (350-400km from the 20L tank) and my 2013 Swift got 6.5 or so. Your car is the combination of the lightweight small engine mighty boy and the much more modern swift, so you should be using far less fuel than what you actually use.

If your car has OBDII plugs but not OBDII function it's the same as EF Falcons, you need specific programs to do it properly. But if you can find a Daihatsu reader and choose a similar vehicle (same engine family and year, but probably any 3-pot daihatsu from around 2000 will do) it should work. That's how I read my JDM VTEC Honda Prelude codes when I was in NZ, with ADM Civic communication stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrabbit
In God we trust. All others: bring data