View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #391 (permalink)
Panther140
Panther140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Hagens not half jokingly recommends that we should have saved the fossil carbon to deploy in order to stave off the next ice age. But that doesn't address the other half of the problem you guys are ignoring which is that we are trapped in a growth dependent economy that is completely reliant on fossil fuel which will eventually run low and start an endless depression. And it takes a century to replace it with something else.
Maybe for you city people, it will take that long. I can run any of my vehicles and generators on either hydrogen, wood gas, or alcohol. I heat my house entirely with wood in the winter. My land provides a sufficient quantity of bio mass to sustain my energy consumption. Just look at all of the carbon based fuel that is being wasted in the forest fires out west right now. We should be burning that wood for our own benefit, and then spreading the ashes back into the forests. Thats what I do. I have 100 beautiful acres of woodland, and 80 acres of crop land. I personally pull more CO2 out of the atmosphere than any of your politicians could ever expect an individual to do. I am net-carbon -300%.

There have been energy crisis in the past. Didn't take long to convert to alternative fuels. Didn't require a complex power grid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_gas