View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #851 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
I think I watched potholer54 before. All gasses in Part 1. At 0:24 he name-checks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Harvey, who passed in 2009. The information is 10 years old.

Part 4 got to "The Great Global Warming Swindle" halfway through. I got confused about your intent in wanting us to watch and stopped. My favorite commentator addressed the issue last May but Youtube wanted me to see it this morning:

He starts to ramble [bigly] at 20:40 or so, onto olive oil and his other pet peeves. I always learn new words, this time they were farrago and vicisitudin[al].

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
...a global temperature variation map that has two or more specific variations. The public is always shown the one with more red areas.
He did it again today, at 2:52. The publicized map has the caption cut off, the one he likes is captioned Temperature Departure from average with respect to 1981-2010 base period.

NOAA and NASA disagree as to whether 2017 is the 2nd or 3rd hottest year.

Edit:
Here's a two-year-old interview with Freeman Dyson:

Models are good for understanding but not for prediction. He's a proponent of space weather. He's optimistic.

Last edited by freebeard; 01-19-2018 at 03:09 PM..