View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
19bonestock88
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
Been experimenting with P&G on my commute as opposed to DWL, and have had some nice runs... my UG doesn’t consistently pick up my EOC(doesn’t always go to 999.9mpg but sometimes only to 130-150 or so) but I’ve had some commutes averaging in low forties with temps near freezing... my grille blocking has kept intake temps about 15* above ambient, with the added benefit that heat soak(from sitting) takes far longer to dissipate, yielding better mileage from that as well...

It’s having some idle issues from an oily TB and IACV (i assume) but I’ve got a ported/polished TB with freshly cleaned IACV I’m planning on swapping on soon, as soon as I finish my intake tube and decide whether or not to port my spare intake manifold...

Does intake tube size matter? TB is 2.75” and I was gonna either do 3” or 4” intake tube(with water vapor induction) air box lid was oval outlet but reformed and about same as 3” pipe... my thought was that the 4” to 2.75” would build velocity and help torque, but with the air box lid being 3”, maybe I’d see no further benefit from the 4”?

My last Ecotec project...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 01-20-2018 at 04:22 PM..