Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #245 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Actually I wasn't being political, I just noticed the "liberal" states tended to have interconnected power grids prone to system wide failures. The "conservative" states seem less intertwined. When was the last time nebraska had a state wide power problem?
Not state wide but more local blackouts.

Elon Musk knows all too well the consequences of the local blackouts associated with rural grids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Actually I wasn't being political, I just noticed the "liberal" states tended to have interconnected power grids prone to system wide failures. The "conservative" states seem less intertwined. When was the last time nebraska had a state wide power problem?
Liberal states tend to have “deregulated power” contrary to what conservative states have.

Deregulation results in capitalism dictating repairs and when rolling blackouts occur.

Regulated states tend to have the cheapest power de regulated states tend to have the highest electrical rates and higher utilization of generation capacity which also results in less ability to reroute capacity to cover failures.

Last edited by rmay635703; 01-21-2018 at 06:34 PM..