View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #3225 (permalink)
wootwootman
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
Tieing pins to GND or +5V is how you strap your chips to configure some of the simpler stuff. I use 1K resistors instead of jumpers ... just in case I have issues with current limiting somewhere!

If you add a link to the data sheet I can look at it as well - another set of eyes!

EDIT: Found this link http://www.analog.com/media/en/techn...s/AD2S1210.pdf and I think they messed up with the description of 10 bit. I think you want 10 bit = 1024.
Yup, that's the data sheet I used. Both PIN1 and PIN48 were originally grounded on the encoder board, so I lifted up PIN1 and blue-wired it to +5V. When I hooked it up to the controller board, poscnt started giving me crazy numbers. It sort of does inc/dec, but through weird ranges (pic attached, poscnt on right) in quarter-rotations.

This is obviously a step in the wrong direction, so I decided to revert to a known working setting. I cut the wire, but the encoder is still acting strange. I think it doesn't like a floating pin, so I'll GND it tomorrow. Hopefully that brings it back to where it was before, otherwise I may have made things worse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180503-181641.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	24089  

Last edited by wootwootman; 05-03-2018 at 11:29 PM..