View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 12:09 AM   #3228 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwootman View Post
Hmmm is it possible to stream data while running the test? Might be helpful in diagnosing. Otherwise I'd just hook up all the measurement equipment you've got
Run-Pi-Test is a command, that runs until you press Enter.

data-stream-period 100 is a command, that runs until you press Enter.

So no joy there.

The latest rev of Paul's firmware is supposed to show results as it tests - I need to get that loaded. I was late getting back from the lake today and needed to help my wife with preparing the raised garden beds, watering the trees, and other evening chores.

I should get some time late Monday afternoon.

Quote:
I connected Pin1 of the AD2S1210 back to GND and the board is back to acting like it was originally: 4 Index pulses per motor revolution. Thinking about it more, would it be possible to run the ACController code in this configuration? Would it just run at 1/4 speed, or would it require me to change the "encoder-ticks" config setting?
4 index pulses per rev? My apologies ... I thought the index was 1 per rev. Did I miss something? Or is this your chip that is generating the index at 4x what it should?

My controller is not running with the index pulse. My controller ran with only 1 encoder signal connected. With 2 encoder channels, the controller can tell direction.

So .. if you don't connect the index pulse .. and it gives you 1024 pulses per 1/4 turn, encoder-ticks should be set to 4096.

If you connect the index pulse .. and it gives you 1024 pulses per 1/4 turn, leave encoder-ticks at 1024 and you will show mechanical rpm at 4x real rpm .. I think.