View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #3255 (permalink)
wootwootman
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
It's OK to err on the side of gentler convergence rather than most harsh convergence. Any undershoot means that it's too aggressive, and the Kp and Ki should be reduced some.
Okay, I think I'll scale it back down to kp=20,000 and ki=400. After that I'll move on to the angle-offset

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I've only had to do it once too. Could there be a loose connection anywhere?
That's very possible. It's not with the control-level stuff, since I'm not getting any undervoltage warnings. I don't currently have a scope handy so I can't grab any shots of U, V, and W but it wouldn't surprise me. Attached is a pic of some plotted data I gathered (kp=20,000 ki=400), notice how the plots aren't entirely consistent from run to run. I typically discard the extreme outliers and use the rest

I'm using 2AWG cables with terminals that I crimped (not soldered) on both ends. One end goes to the IGBT through a current sensor, and the other is bolted to a short (~6") copper bar that acts as a connector terminal (prong?) to the motor, one for each phase. Maybe one of these connections is bad? I'll have to remember to upload pics later this evening.

Also, my contactor (LEV200A4NAF) takes a lot of current to hold closed, and it's eating up the Lipo I use for my 12V source. Anyone know any circuits for lowering their power consuption after they're switched on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	24204  
The Following User Says Thank You to wootwootman For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (05-15-2018)