View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 04:41 PM   #1892 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Solar influx is there but it is not possible to build out that much hardware to capture it at a scale that can replace what are using as I stated above. Even with our current liquid fuel wealth.This is the part of the discussion that green energy advocates never bother to address.
25 years from now when liquid fuel pricing is 5X higher, even rich people will have a hard time affording their food. And we will have little surplus fuel for such things as building out rebuildables. Or maintaining the ones we already have in service.
I've never read or heard of anyone who claimed that we could do it within any 'sudden' transition.I'm no industrialist,but 'that' seems impossible to me.
If there was some sort of agreement that this ought to be the future trend,then we'd just manufacture what we could,expand manufacturing as we went,and over time displace,eclipsed technology with emerging technology,while doing R&D as we go.
Profits would attract capital investment.
Capitalists like 12-years wiggle room to move their portfolios around to protect themselves.That could be a beginning chronology as a talking point.
We need 18,000,000,000 pounds of plastic crap to put in the oceans each year,so we could reserve fossil fuel production for that.Between duPont and I.G.Farben,we've got enough chemists to create anything we can imagine.
Some jobs would stay the same,some would be different.