View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #181 (permalink)
roosterk0031
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
To get the placement of the bearing unit correct, I needed a press, which is why I took it to a machinist once I had the old unit out of the knuckle and the new unit in hand. It would be surprising if the saturn did not have a bearing unit, wouldn't it?
I had to change them on a Nissan 01 Altima, they had to be pressed in and out, but harbor freight has $100 took kit to do it without removing the spindles. Also need a slide hammer to rip the hub assembly out. Easiest to just buy new hub assembly and bearing because part of the bearing will be stuck on the hub.

GM's and 11 Rogue have a flanged hub assembly that bolts to the spindle with 4 bolts from the inside. Trick with those is after getting brakes out of the way, turn steering wheel to limit front out so can get long handle breaker bar to the bolts.

Depending on the car I've jacked one front tire up, start car and put in gear spin it up and easy to tell which one is bad. Any more I just do both, 2nd one takes half the time of the first if I do it same day.