Thread: Yaaaar!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Joseph Davis
Banned

Beater Deluxe v2.0 - '89 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 44.68 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis
I have some preliminary mileage numbers in. I have the leanburn closedloop implemented.

25-27 mpg around town. I'm happy with that as I am a somewhat spirited driver, and reside in the mountains, and that is also what the stock D15B7 I had previously was getting in town. Leanburn closed loop made no effect on this mileage. I have a high idle problem (leaky power booster) and yesterday I turned down the TPS enrichment, so possibly I can knock off 27-29 mpg in the future, with no changes in driving habits.

40-41 mpg is my mixed FE, as my normal schedule has me running short errands with commutes to and from Morganton, Greenville/Spartanburg, and sometimes Knoxville.

Long distance FE: 47.9 mpg driving to Knoxville at 75-80 mph, return trip @ 70 mph, some in-city errands this morning before I topped off which I estimate dropped 1-1.5 mpg off the actual highway figures. FYI, wideband closed loop targeted 16:1 on the drive there, 16.7:1 on the drive back. I suspect the maps are too rich (tuned for stoich) as the logs were averaging 16.2:1; despite long term/short term trims the closed loop code isn't designed to fudge multiple AFR points so I suppose I'll lean it out in the part throttle area. I haven't played with part throttle timing, with how wacky the rest of the setup is I'm sure there are gains to be made.

I'd like to hit 50 mpg before I try to put a lip on the front bumper, or learn to drive like a normal person.