View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #5281 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Despite there is already synthetic diamonds better than natural diamonts, in many aspects, and clear (not yellowed synthetic diamonds of the past), its still very expensive, near the cost of natural one, or maybe even more, since a good deal of diamont market price it's marketing ratter than just be rare.

And so, due energy required, you put much more energy and consequent CO2 on atmosphere, in the process to creat synthetic diamonds than the CO2 it holds in the diamond body itself.

The sun eneryny released it's often not well explained or used wrong, There is the sun light that reach Earth and the sun light released by the Sun itself per second. If we would calculate the area of Earth in the side (daylight) and calculated the area of the imaginary sphere with the radius from Sun to the Earth's orbit, and remamber that Sun light take 5 minutes to reach Earch... It's a ratio in the order of billions.

light speed :300.000 km/sec
5min = 300 sec
Distance Sun to Earth = 90.000.000km
Earth area (flat calculation since sun light reach surface as flat) = earth radios elevated to cube then x 3,14. Then we get 127.451.472,74 square km for Earth solar area (side shined by sun).

The sphere from Sun (sphere center) to Earth's orbit would 90.000.000 x 90.000.000 than this value x 3,14 x 4. A insane number. 191.736.000.000.000.000 square kilometer
Earth side direct to the Sun have a solar area 1,5 billion times smaller than the sphere from Sun to Earth orbit.

I think the energy released by the Sun in 3 second it's more than humanity consumed (as electricity or thermal from fossil fuels) since industrial revolution.

Edited :I will need to rework my calculations, since the time to sunlight reach Eath it's more than 5 minutes as I imagined. It's 8 minutes and 20 seconds and not 5 minutes as I imagine.
So, I bet than less than 1 seconds of SUN energy it's more than humanity used since industrial revolution.

I did a second mistake, since I have to consider how much of the enrgy from Sun that reach Earth it's equivalente in relation to the enrgy consumed by humans in 1 day.
So maybe humanity consumed even lee than I suposed before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
We're able to make synthetic diamonds now. Can't think of a much more permanent way to sequester carbon than that, since diamonds are forever.

Really that's remarkable though, because it's a step toward being able to manipulate subatomic structures, which I think will be game changing somewhere far off in the future. Something akin to the Star Trek replicator.

99.999999% of sunlight is wasted into space. We haven't even scratched the surface for the potential to manipulate our environment. This accidental increasing of CO2 and resultant acceleration of warming will look like child's play in the future.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-04-2019 at 11:50 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-06-2019), redpoint5 (03-04-2019)