View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shaneajanderson
Redneck Ecomodder

Ecomodding a 94 F150

Hey all,

I have some plans to ecomod my pickup this summer.

As it stands the biggest things I want to do are:
1. Built an aerocap, mine will have a roll-up tonneau cover and extend to the end of the lowered tailgate. I use the pickup to haul tall things quite often.

2. Change tires (currently has 31x10.50-15, they were on it when I bought it.) Stock size is 235/75/15. My question here is can I run a small skinny tire in the front (was thinking 205/70/15) and a normal size tire in the rear to get the load rating I need for the bed. The caveat here is I would NOT use the 4WD with this tire setup as I fully understand the disaster that would ensue.

3. Remove the front lift kit (again was there when I bought it.) I can't do this until I put smaller tires on the front as there are rub points caused by the big meats that are on there now.

I have a small V8 gasser in it (5.0), and I have a 3.55 rear end. I can't really go for a taller rear differential with the types of pulling I do with this pickup. My main goal is just to gain a little bit of economy, I don't expect miracles out of this thing. As it stands I can expect about 14-15 MPG empty and 8 when pulling my camper which is ~5k lbs.

Any thoughts, input or DON'T DO THAT YOU'LL KILL YOURSELF are welcomed.