View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #5382 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
would such

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
When kid I heard there was a bomb that could destroy Earth, that it would freeze atmosphere.

Well, today I know the largest hydrogen bomb detonated,Tzar Bomb (58 megatons), didn't affected the world. I wonder if the entire nuclear weapon in the 80' (largest number than today) was detonated, how it could affect the Earth atmosphere if each bomb alone don't do much.
Would such detonation be worse than Cracatoa to Earth ?
It would depend on as many factors as you could think of,and maybe some you'd never anticipate, or think to consider.Like at Bikini Atoll and Japanese fishermen.(the 3rd atomic bombing of the Japanese).
The Japanese and Americans are still studying 'survivor's' of Hiroshima and Nagasaki,as they still don't know 'all' there is about human responses to nuclear blast and fallout.
The fallout from Krakatoa wasn't radioactive,and it settled in a couple of years without incident,other than global cooling.
Americans have died from exposure to fallout in Utah,USA,especially if they smoked tobacco.
Today,all California wines are radioactive,courtesy of Fukushima's legacy.
You can eat Plutonium,but breathing it will kill you.
Paul Beckwith has advocated exploding nuclear bombs as a form of geoengineering to counter climate change.