View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

A tonneau cover will give you a solid 1-1.5mpg and if very affordable with great utility depending on what you use the bed for. A fellow on here has a 2000 f350 getting 26-27mpg and I've messaged him a few times and scowered google/ here to death.

Driver input and aerodynamics are the key with pickups.

tonneau cover-solid 1-1.5mpg, custom made aerocap/aeroshell easily 2-3mpg with a couple diy mods on the 65+ efficiency mods section. Air dam and side skirts will offer a good improvement but can reduce the utility of a pickup and not attract the dozen raised eyebrows when you pull up to a stop sign.

I ended up sticking with a tonneau cover for now because of how I use the truck and the long winters have prevented me from an effeftive air dam. My brother is looking into fabbing me a light cutom aerocap with either canvas or hard panels but that's a little in the future.

I've switched all to synthetic and saw zero improvement, added an intake, exhaust, and tuner and it helped ever so slightly and I mean ever.... look up bigdave on here and he has a ton of stuff for pickups he tested and posted results etc.