View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #5663 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
Nate Hagans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Complicated creatures we are. I have repeatedly presented the link to the Hagens lecture to at least 200 people. It is seemingly complex at first so most people that actually do start to view it get uptight and switch to something else more immediately entertaining.
The few solar advocates or university professors that I approached won't even click on it. They already "know everything" they need to know and there is nothing that a person like me ( 40 year auto mechanic ) could ever find out about that would be of any relevance to them.
Out of all of that, I have had 3 people report back that they viewed the lecture. One seems to be a self educated expert on new energy and found it necessary to find a way to dismiss a few statements on nitpicks so as to discredit the whole thing and start calling Hagens (and me) foul names. Too dissonant to their embedded view. Another, from a new economy group, said he watched it twice and took notes.
This is a concise distillation of Hagens' 1,200 pages of classroom material. Viewed on 1.5 speed it will be less than an hour. Mind blowing stuff that explains the relationship of how everything fits together. Energy, economy, ecology/ resources, evolutionary human behavior. And is unknown to most people including the world scientists and economists that council our leaders.
I am driven to keep trying. I'm going out next week in two different cities to table and hand out flyers. Please take 1 hour in honor of Earth Day this year to watch this lecture.
https://youtu.be/YUSpsT6Oqrg

I watched his entire lecture.Some thoughts:
*some of what he said is contextual/conditional-negotiable
*He appears out of his depth with respect to certain historical precedent
*He appears out of his depth with respect to engineering
*He appears out of his depth with respect to physics
*He appears out of his depth with respect to technology
*I would argue that needs can be met with much less energy as is currently consumed for needs and wants.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (04-22-2019)