View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #5835 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
How much of this debate is based on political or religious arguments? Don't mind my asking but I am trained in statistical quality control, experiment design, and Cause/Effect studies. I would like to do more than look at historical temperature data. I just don't want to waste trillions of dollars barking up the wrong tree.
Many of the authors I've read would suggest that politics and religion would only constitute a portion of an immense,complicated,and sophisticated tapestry,which incorporates the entire potential for human beliefs,attitudes,and behaviors.
Lack of critical thinking and lack of education almost seems like a universal theme running through the heart of the literature.
Many in the scientific community speak of a 'war on science,' and mistrust of the scientific community.
Everyone has 'influencers' in their lives,who have the power to shape opinion and beliefs.
Humans didn't evolve and select for an industrial society and quite literally,do not possess the means with which to deal with abstract,future crisis,as climate change.
Psychologists talk of all the tools available to mold individual and public opinion.
Some speak of purely fear-based behaviors,centered on perceived,potential economic loss and instability associated with climate 'solutions.' 'Stranded -assets.'
Obviously,now we have bonafide,prima facie evidence of concerted conspiracies to sow doubt about climate change and impact government policies which would affect business models.
It goes on forever.