View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #5991 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
...He was a monarchist.And he knew that the only reason rich men could sleep at night,was because a very strong central government was watching their backs at night.

The 2nd Amendment meant that you could own a single-shot,muzzle-loading flintlock long gun, or flintlock pistol.
I'm not entirely opposed to a monarchy. It's sort of democratically established in that a corrupt monarch will eventually be overthrown. Possibly an easier problem to solve than a corrupt democracy as there's a singular problem to resolve.

Wealthy men don't need a strong central government because they have wealth (and guns) to protect them. Heck, I don't require police to keep me safe. They are last responders, not first responders. They'll write the reports after the fact. It seems the only time police are willing to enter a dangerous situation is when they've had 2 weeks to assemble several hundred heavily armed swat members, and generally they are the ones bringing the violence to what was previously a peaceful place.

The 2nd amendment wasn't to ensure people had the right to own muskets; it was to ensure the people could adequately defend their country and their land. It's explicitly stating what we all know is a natural right; to defend yourself against threat. As technology progressed, muskets were no longer sufficient as a defensive weapon.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 06-12-2019 at 12:40 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-12-2019), iveyjh (06-12-2019)