View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #6020 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
atherosclerosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
If anything, I recently lowered my carbon footprint by changing my diet by almost eliminating meat, alcohol and processed food, especially soluble sugars and starch.

The climate wasn't my main concern though. I had a series of mini strokes that even medicine, diet and exercise could not end.
Last Thursday morning I received a PCI and a stent was placed to fix a single 80-90% blockage in a coronary artery... That was a close call!

Anyway, the diet and exercise started well before the PCI. I lost 8 kilograms in less than 2 months without effort, and since I started avoiding free sugars and starch, without hunger (no sugar dips). And I'll keep it up; I'm glad the PCI worked out but not looking forward to receiving another one in a hurry!
A friend shared 'HOW NOT TO DIE' by Dr. Michael Gregor.The contents of the book try to stay as close to randomized,double-blind,placebo-controlled,large cohort clinical trials as exist in the available literature.He also does daily pod-casts.
Arterial plaque,hardening of the arteries,high blood pressure,high cholesterol,erectile dysfunction,type-2 diabetes,heart attack and stroke etc.,are all symptomatic of diet and lifestyle.And can all be reversed with a change in diet and lifestyle.
One of my physicals trended downward.The doctor said they could prescribe medication.I opted for a change in diet and more exercise.Next physical I had straightened out.
One thing Gregor mentioned was,that for anyone taking something for ED, the next step would be an operating table or the morgue.As to vascular health,ED is the canary in the coal mine.
A television show over here is about a county coroner/medical examiner in Florida.Often at autopsy,she discovers almost complete blockage of the coronary arteries.The deceased had no symptoms other than sudden death,either by heart attack or stroke.
Many cardiologists over here have gone vegan.I'm doing a flexitarian diet.I eat flesh and binge on fat,salt,and sugar,twice a week.So far,so good.
Glad you dodged a bullet!