View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 12:42 PM   #6029 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
GREEN TYRANNY

I finished the book.The contents will be familiar, I suppose, to the denial community.I would recommend it to climate believers,for no other reason, than to walk around in someone else's shoes for awhile.
Observations,with out going into detail:
The Contents page is cryptic and affords the reader little efficiency in targeting specific topics.
The book reads like a B-Movie screenplay, with multiple authors, who never communicated between one another.Without a continuity director,the narrative is incoherent and self-destructing,with so many contradictions,it's difficult to sort it out.
Darwall will attack an entity for some behavior,only to demonstrate the same behavior himself,elsewhere in the book.He presents information supposed to damn a certain party,which any reader with perspicacity will realize,not only exonerates the entity under attack,but also reveals an inability of critical thinking and comprehension on the part of Darwall.
The most important themes (my opinion) are not listed in the Index,which again,makes for difficult navigation.
One is expected to read all the way through the work,in order just to have a rudimentary acquaintance with the material.
I'm doing some fact-checking,but early impressions are that his (their) premises about acid rain, nuclear winter,and global warming are based upon non-factual,cherry-picked,ultra-minority,sources,whom present data which undermine their own arguments.
It's a very bizarre reading experience.A mirror into the soul of one I'd rather avoid.Much open hostility.
A look at the publisher,and the funding mechanisms behind them will be interesting to any conspiracy theory buff.And insight into why there's been little meaningful effort to mitigate climate change since the 1950s.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (06-21-2019)